The EXTO chair was designed to fill the growing need of doctors for a safe and stable Lasik surgery platform – with easy patient access and exit.
The EXTO chair is the first chair that enables the physician to blend the Femto and Excimer lasers together – into one smooth operation.
Dexta has always been the leader in patient positioning and the EXTO chair is no exception. The EXTO doesn't require a patient to climb to sit, to lift their feet or scoot into position. Here’s how it works:
|Once the patient is seated, the hand-held controller allows the doctor to flatten the chair...||...and gently and quickly move the patient back to the lasers. Once the patient has been moved between the two lasers, the doctor moves to a sitting position at the patient's head.||The doctor depresses the foot pedal and the braking mechanism is released. The hand control is now disengaged and the chair emits a beeping sound as the patient is rotated 25° under the Femto laser. When the brake is re-engaged, the beeping noise stops and the joystick now controls the chairs movement.|
|Using the joystick, the doctor now has complete XYZ control of the patient position – Up, down, side-to-side, forward and backward.
The joystick is proportional and variable-speed – it responds instantly to the doctor's hand movements.
It also features a jog function that moves the chair 1/3000 of an inch. It's the ultimate in precision patient positioning.
|After the first laser operation is completed, the doctor releases the brake, rotates the chair through the 0° position to the opposite 25° position, under the Excimer laser.
The beeping sound stops when the brake is re-engaged. The doctor uses the joystick again to precisely position the patient under the Excimer laser and perform the second operation.
|With the procedure now complete, the brake is released and the chair is returned to the 0° position. The hand control becomes operative when the brake is engaged and...|
|...the patient can now be quickly and safely moved away from the lasers and into an upright position for easy exit from the chair. As a safety feature, the chair will not incline when the patient is under either laser.|
-- ETL/CE Certified
– Electric back and toe articulation
– Electric vertical lift base (z axis)
– Electric right and left travel (x axis)
– Electric for and aft travel (y axis)
– Extendable headrest with lock
– Swivel system
– Hand control for entry/exit movement
– Joystick for precision xyz movement
– Choice of upholstery color
– Locked center position enables the hand control, which is used to move the patient forward and backwards on the chair. The joystick is locked out.
– When the chair is unlocked a warning buzzer sounds. When the chair is relocked the warning buzzer stops.
– A left and right locked position under the lasers enables the joystick. The hand control is locked out.
– Emergency stop button
XYZ Joystick Features
– Provides 3 axis variable speed control
– Jog function movement 1/3000" (.076 mm)
– X axis travel 4" (102 mm)
– Y axis travel 8" (203 mm)
– Z axis travel 4" (102mm)
– Various headrests to choose from
– Operator stool with arm mount for joystick